1. Log in or Sign up on OKEx.
2. Click on “Buy crypto” in the pop-up window or click “Buy/Sell” on the main OKEx page.
3. Choose your fiat currency (USD, AUD, EUR, CAD etc.), your cryptocurrency, enter the fiat amount, choose your payment method. Click “Buy BTC”.
4. Next, you will be able to review or change your fiat currency, cryptocurrency, the amount, as well as your payment method, and will also be asked to pick the service provider. Choose Banxa and click “Buy”.
5. You will then be taken to Banxa’s site to review your order and your payment method and change it if needed. After reviewing, click “Create order”.
- For SEPA Bank Transfer, Sofort, and iDEAL – the bank account has to be in your name (i.e. the name of the person creating the order has to be the same as the name on the bank account). SEPA payments are available in Europe and may take 1-2 business days to clear. Receipt is required. Sofort payments also take 1-2 business days. iDEAL payments are instant.
- For Visa/Mastercard – the card needs to be your personal (not business) card and has to be in your name. Payments with Visa/Mastercard are processed instantly. However, the transaction will be put through as a pre-authorisation only, to hold the order. Only when the order is fulfilled will the actual payment amount be taken.
6. If you are purchasing for the first time from us through OKEx, you will need to go through a verification process. In this step, you will be able to enter your contact details, i.e. your email address and your phone number.
Note: Please double-check if you entered both correctly as that is the email address we will use to get in touch with you regarding your order, and we might also use your phone number to reach you via SMS, depending on the payment method you choose.
7. Next, you will be asked to enter your personal details (name, date of birth, country of residence, and your address).
8. In the next step, you will need to upload a photo of your ID document. Please read the instructions provided during the process carefully.
Note: Failure to follow instructions may result in your order being delayed or cancelled. Your document needs to be valid and current. Also, please ensure that when you take a photo of your document, all important details are visible and not obscured in any way. More on the verification process can be found here.
9. Now, you will need to upload a selfie photo while holding your ID (the same ID you took a photo of in the previous step). Please read the instructions provided during the process carefully.
Note: The selfie photo needs to be clear, not blurry, and without any glare. Your face must be clear, and the information on the document you are holding has to be readable. The photo must be taken on the day of your order. Failure to follow instructions may result in your order being delayed or cancelled. Please also note that creating the order does not necessarily mean you have passed verification. The process is happening in the background, and if you do pass it, your order will be fulfilled. If you do not, it will most likely be cancelled and refunded.
10. After submitting the documents for verification purposes, you will enter your payment details. In the video above, the process for paying with your credit/debit card is shown. Please make sure you are using your personal card (a card that is in your name), or a bank account in your name.
11. After the payment, you will be shown your order status. You have the option to return to OKEx.
12. Keep an eye on your inbox. You will get notification emails from us (when the payment is received, when the transfer started, when the order is fulfilled etc.). In one of the emails (when the transfer starts), you will also get an option to check your transaction status on the blockchain network. You will also get a link to check how your order is progressing. When your order is fulfilled, i.e. the transfer completed and the transaction verified on the blockchain network, your coins will be visible in your OKEx account/wallet.
Note: The fact that the transfer started does not necessarily mean it is confirmed on the blockchain right away (this sometimes takes time and depends on the network speed). Even though it usually takes 4 hours at most, please be patient.